Hair Transplant Surgery for Hair Restoration
- It is the procedure in which hair from the back of the head are implanted to the area of hair loss, where they grow in the normal way.
- So, the ideal candidates for hair transplant should have sufficient donor hair at the back of the head which could be transplanted to the balding area.
- It is done under local anesthesia, that means you will be fully awake during the procedure.
- It is a painless procedure, you may feel a few injections, butonce the skin is anesthetized, there is no pain.
- Follicular unit transplantation (FUT) and follicular unit extraction (FUE) are recent and widely done procedures for hair restoration.
- Depending on the type of work you do, it is often possible to go back to work in a day or two.
Is hair transplant expensive?
Hair transplantation is more expensive than a hair piece or some alternative treatments. However, considering that the results are long lasting, most people consider it a good investment for their future happiness.
Who is qualified to perform hair restoration surgery?
Internationally, only Plastic Surgeons or Dermatologists are authorized to do hair transplants. Unfortunately, in India physicians from many different backgrounds and even people from non-medical background are doing the procedure, which may become illegal down the line as the law is getting strict on these malpractices.